The last remaining piece of a social and architectural puzzle that reinvents the center of Braddock.
- 501 Braddock Honor Award in Regional and Urban Design, 2017
AIA Pittsburgh Design Award
Honor Award in Regional and Urban Design, 2017
The jury commented:
- The process and respect for the existing neighborhood is apparent. This is meaningful community engagement – which resulted in a project that translated community needs and desires into a new built environment with good spatial configuration and a program that provides more community services than what was there before. A project like this is not easy to pull off on a lot of levels.
- The process, problem solving, planning and the architecture are all well done. It feels so complete.
- The project is as much about transforming a community environment as it is about the buildings. The project team cared a lot about the process of community engagement; this comes through clearly.
- Pittsburgh Post Gazette Buying Here: Braddock
- Pittsburgh Business Times TREK Chosen for Braddock Hospital Site
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette Braddock Leaders Pleased With Plan for Former Hospital Site